Minors traveling alone
Most airlines have a service to escort minors traveling alone. When requiring this service, children must be at the airport earlier than the required time since documentation is required to certify the persons who bring them to the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport and those who will receive them at their place of destination. Please, contact your airline, since some of them don’t allow children to travel alone in flights with connections. Remember, every airline has its own requirements. In international flights, a sworn statement is required.
- Check airline requirements before getting to the airport
- Take the child to the airport earlier than two hours before boarding time
- Take the child to pre-boarding on time
- Give the airport the phone numbers of the person receiving the child at the specified destination
- Give the child a copy of the boarding pass with the itinerary and make sure he/she puts it in a safe place
- Take the child to the restroom before boarding
- Present a valid ID when picking up your child at the airport
More info? Please visit your airline’s website.